From: That One Guy via Af
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2014 9:50 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] aligning bigger antennas on short paths

Weve never gone above 2'
we finished installing our 11ghz link yesterday and had the antennas rough
aligned, one side is 3' one side is 4'. I expected the tighter patterns would
make it harder to find the initial link but they actually linked up right off
the bat and it was right on the projected power levels.
This is only 10 miles, so we have visual on the path.
We did a  little rough alignment yesterday, and will do the fine alignment
today. when we we roughing it there was a good amount of travel on the antenna
(4') side we were on and only a couple db change. do larger antennas on such a
short path give you a little more leniency in alignment or something? we will
do full horizontal and vertical panning today to make sure we arent in side
lobes, just curious is there is more slop in this scenario.

--

All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts
you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them