Normally I would say this doesn't sound like an alignment problem, but airFiber is unique in that different antennas are used for xmt and rcv.

AF24 has one antenna bigger than the other, right? And the rcv antenna is the bigger one? If that's correct, I guess I would vote for the side with the low rcv signal.

-----Original Message----- From: Bruce Robertson via Af
Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2014 6:41 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] Lower signal on one end of PTP link

I've been doing this enough years (decades?) that it seems like I should
know this, but I'm having a brain-dead moment.  Must be all the eggnog.
I have an Airfiber 24 link.  One end has a solid signal of -50/-50, and
the other end varies around -53/-53 to as much as -55/-55.  Which end is
more likely to be slightly out of alignment? Or is it impossible to tell?