I have been working on this all morning!  The Sony status page reported the
system was operational however, it has been a no go since around 6:30 MST
this morning.  My take is that the denial of service is simply so many new
customers logging on at the same time Christmas morning that the servers
could not take the load.  This is simply a case of poor planning on the
part of Sony and costly for the rest of us working the problem Christmas
morning.