Good for you, Eric.  Please keep us updated.  I like hearing about projects
like yours.

Rory

From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Eric Kuhnke via Af
Sent: Thursday, December 25, 2014 4:33 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] West Africa Ebola response mission

Hello guys,

Merry Christmas!  I'm currently in Accra, Ghana working on getting a new visa
for Sierra Leone. For the first quarter of this year I'm contracting with an
international NGO which is providing WAN connectivity to other agencies
responding to the Ebola crisis.

We are using a mixture of satellite based and terrestrial PTP/PtMP technologies
to accomplish the last mile access.

Over the next few weeks you may see me posting photos from Freetown, Sierra
Leone to the afmug list. If it becomes excessive please let me know.
Communicating with you guys back in the US is a big stress relief for me.

If anyone wants my direct contact info, please email and I will send back my
iridium number and local SIM cards' numbers.

REQUEST: If anyone knows a fearless EMT/Paramedic who wants to accompany a
tower climbing team for multi month periods of time, in exchange for good
financial compensation, please get in touch. No Ebola treatment unit entry
required. To date, zero aid agency workers who do not have direct personal
contact with Ebola patients have contracted the disease. Adventure and
relatively low risk.