Not terribly cheap, are they?

-----Original Message----- From: Nate Burke via Af Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2014 8:32 AM To: af@afmug.com Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Simple Alarm Panel Depending on how many contacts you need, the APC boards work well. like the AP9619. You can get a single chassis for it that you just power. It has 1 set of contact closures, and will send an email when it trips.

On 12/30/2014 9:18 AM, Chuck McCown via Af wrote:
I was asking a similar question a week or two ago. There are some small developer type of boards in the $40 range. One could do it by just looping back an ethernet port if you had some way to send traps when that port changed state.

-----Original Message----- From: Matt via Af
Sent: Monday, December 29, 2014 6:31 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] Simple Alarm Panel

Looking for an economical device with contact closure inputs that will
send email and text alerts using a provided Internet connection. Say
a door is opened at a tower site I want an email or text message or
both.  Anyone know of anything?  Thinking of using something like an
Arduino but hate to reinvent the wheel.