I'm at my end. I've been looking at this for a while now and it's obvious that
no one makes an industrial APC UPS that works.

We've tried the Alpha Cordex (DIN rail) and the ICT (19" rack) and neither one
can do what a APC management card can. We just need it to provide 24vDC to a
load and when the AC power goes out, send an alert and let us monitor the
system status via SNMP.

Alpha:
PROS: DIN rail mounted
CONS: Web interface is IE only, SNMP requests are completely broken, have not
tested SNMP traps, cost is about $700.

ICT:
PROS: It works well as a dumb power supply/charger with UPS functionality, web
interface works in all browsers.
CONS: SNMP is limited to about 6 values, all remote communication is lost when
AC is removed, no battery monitoring at all other than the voltage for use with
LV cutoff which is one of the values that is not available via SNMP. Also costs
about $700

I have to give it to Alpha at this point, at least their unit remains
"intelligent" when AC power is removed. If they would fix their web interface
and SNMP it would be perfect.

So... Does anyone have a solution that works that isn't completely cobbled
together? I need to know when we lose/regain AC power, that the battery is
draining, what the battery voltage is so that I know when it's about to cut
off, it needs a LV cut off to protect the batteries, and all this information
needs to be available via SNMP and web. Am I asking for too much or does
something of this nature exist outside of TrippLite and APC?

--
Christopher Tyler
MTCRE/MTCNA/MTCTCE/MTCWE