I routinely have over 8 gigs of RAM chewed up by my browsers, sometimes almost
14 GB... You need big boy PCs to be on the Internet anymore. ;-)

http://www.ics-il.com

----- Original Message -----

From: "Vlad Sedov" <v...@atlasok.com>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 9:15:24 AM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] EPMP Minimum System Specs <rant>

I just did a quick memory usage test on our NMS box...

Firefox (google.com): 76MB in RAM
Firefox with Canopy 450 AP interface open, logged in: 84.5MB.. a gain of less
than 10MB of RAM usage.
Firefox with ePMP AP open, logged in: 170-185MB in RAM. over 100MB RAM usage,
to display the same stuff. Why?

IE (google.com): 64MB in RAM
IE with Canopy 450 AP interface open: 53MB (less than google!)
IE with ePMP AP interface open: 138MB

Similar results with Chrome.. About 75MB difference.

eh.

vlad