I don’t think a capacitor will help much unless you put a diode ahead of it.
Or a low dropout regulator.

From: Bill Prince
Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2015 12:16 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT: Vehicle Lighting

Add a capacitor locally to smooth out the alternator ripple.

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>

On 1/24/2015 2:46 PM, Chris Fabien wrote:

  I found some LED under cabinet puck lighting at home depot that was 12v to
the pucks. I wired them up to the van power directly. Only issue is they show
alternator flicker. Have tried adding stiffening capacitance without much
result. Works but slightly annoying. The pucks were light enough to mount with
double sided adhesive foam tape.