For about the last week, I've been seeing extremely _S_L_O_W_ graph rendering in cacti, but only when I use a chrome browser. Both firefox and IE at least 10X faster. An average subscriber with 8 graphs takes about 1 second if the browser is firefox or IE, but chrome takes something like 20 seconds; sometimes even longer (one time ~~ 45 seconds).

I thought maybe it was an extension or something, so I turned off extensions and stripped it down to next to nothing. No help. So I am guessing this is some issue with the way that rrdtool renders the graph(s) and the way that chrome interprets it or something.

When I do the operation in either firefox or IE, the CPU utilization goes up for a brief little blip. When rendering in chrome, CPU utilization goes up to ~~ 50-60% and stays there until the page is rendered; 20, 30, sometimes 40 seconds. I also get timeout notices from chrome. I tell it to "wait", and eventually the page is rendered....

My setup:

   Windows 8.1 x64 (whatever the latest update is)
   chrome Version 41.0.2272.76 m (64-bit)
   firefox Version 36.0.1

--

bp