I am able to replicate a small issue we are having, trying to make the
decision of whether it looks like a security issue or just a bug.

Through powercode, there are two ways to update equipment, through our
interface, where we select all the details and through the customer portal
where all the customers can do is update their MAC address.

no problems with our end.

However, when a customer updates their MAC address, it is assigning IP
space that apparently belongs to this Commerzbank IP space 208.74.54.100
and 208.74.54.99.

This IP space is absolutely not in our system, and wouldnt route naturally
on our network

Net Range208.74.52.0 - 208.74.55.255CIDR208.74.52.0/22
NameDKIB-USAHandleNET-208-74-52-0-1ParentNET208 (NET-208-0-0-0-0
<http://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET-208-0-0-0-0.html>)Net TypeDirect
AssignmentOrigin ASOrganizationCommerzbank AG (COMMER-109
<http://whois.arin.net/rest/org/COMMER-109.html>)

My initial thoughts are this is some bug in powercode.

Paranoid me is that our system is somehow compromised and rerouting
illegitimate traffic somehow. Customer is down, so not through them. but
something like TOR rerouting or some other magician script for the axis of
evil.

Anybody have any ideas on this? I am debating taking our billing server
offline, but would hate to take such an extreme measure for what could
amount to nothing more than a fat finger from a programmer.