I was thinking something like a 2011 or 750up with an SFP for feed, POE out for
equipment.

One fiber for data, use a Cat5 for power, 4+ POE ports at the top.

From: Forrest Christian (List Account)
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2015 5:00 AM
To: af
Subject: [AFMUG] Sfp to copper gigabit media converter experiences.

I'm in the process of sourcing components for a new product which will
integrate a media converter with a poe injector for tower top applications.

I've been taking apart sfp to copper media converters over the past few days,
and so far they all seem to use the same chipset with slightly different
implementation choices (more/fewer leds, various configuration options, etc)

Before I just go ahead and commit myself to a design path, I'd like to get some
feedback on which media converters people use and if there are any which seem
to work better or worse than others.

So, I'd appreciate it if those if you which use sfp media converters could help
me out with a few mini reviews of which specific models work and which don't.

Thanks.