Dude, for real, more licensing?

On 3/16/2015 1:02 PM, Josh Luthman wrote:
Software license?  Auuuuuuuuuuugh.  What happened to Cambium 2.0?

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 2:00 PM, Sriram Chaturvedi <sriram.chaturv...@cambiumnetworks.com <mailto:sriram.chaturv...@cambiumnetworks.com>> wrote:

    No, that’s not what I said. The Force 110 PTP is sold today with
    sync capabilities disabled. There is a plan to allow enabling of
    sync through a software license.

    Software Tick™. Got it. Thanks!

    *From:*Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com
    <mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com>] *On Behalf Of *Josh Luthman
    *Sent:* Monday, March 16, 2015 12:54 PM
    *To:* af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
    *Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] ePMP Force 110 PTP

    Are you saying that the units will never do PTP sync?  I
    understand that you don't want them used for PTMP sync, but I
    don't see why you'd hinder your product and our services by never
    enabling PTP sync.

    "Software tick" is trademarked, you can use it if you enable PTP
    sync =)

    Josh Luthman
    Office: 937-552-2340 <tel:937-552-2340>
    Direct: 937-552-2343 <tel:937-552-2343>

    On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 1:47 PM, Sriram Chaturvedi
    <sriram.chaturv...@cambiumnetworks.com
    <mailto:sriram.chaturv...@cambiumnetworks.com>> wrote:

        Correct. The video shows the Force 110 which uses the Unsync’d
        radio (identified by the two Ethernet ports). The Force 110
        PTP comes with the Connectorized radio with Sync (single GigE
        port and GPS chip/connectors/antenna all included) but with a
        software tick (Thanks Josh. I’m using this going forward J) to
        disable sync functionality. The radio will still track
        satellites and provide coordinates but will not allow sync.

        Thanks,

        Sriram