From: telrad-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:telrad-boun...@wispa.org] On Behalf Of
Faisal Imtiaz
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2015 1:02 PM

First of all, I wanted to express my sincere thanks to the Bridgenet Wireless
Team, for graciously allowing us to see their setup, visit their Landmark
Citrus Tower, answer questions and do the real life connection demo from their
Mobile unit !

Big kudos to the Telrad team for setting this all up, and hosting us.

My take:-
does the stuff work ? ..... YES, I never had my doubts.
does the stuff work well ? ... YES, real life tests show quick and dirty links
to be better performers than engineered and perfectly aligned links that we are
used to with other gear !
how well does it work for NLOS / NonLOS ?.... Rather well, better than anything
else we have seen up to now...

Does it go thru miles of vegetation ? ... No, but we are not expecting it to do
so.
Do a few trees, or a patch of them pose a challenge ? .... No, apparently they
don't !

So, to recap, there is a difference in the terrain for all of us in different
parts of the country. Our experience with traditional Fixed Wireless, even one
tree in the path, (unless really short distance) would make an install into a
no-go....With Telrad gear, locations which have a reasonable amount of
vegetation blocking the path are apparently not a problem to deliver a very
healthy internet service connection (both speed and performance wise).

As to the question of ...What is a reasonable amount of vegetation ? ...
reasonable, in my opinion is,  locations you see from your coverage maps that
you should be able to deliver service to, because of their distance from the
tower, but when you get out to that location, you see trees all around, and you
cannot see the tower...chances are very very high that Telrad gear will let you
make that link without much grief.... (and you are not trying to put a 3ft dish
to make a 1 mile link, trying to burn thru a tree to two !).

There is no doubt that this stuff will allow WISP's to service customers who
were a no-go in an existing area because line of sight was lacking due to
vegetation !

A very loose and broad comparison.... What WISPS were able to get with 900mhz
(in terms of NLOS) pales in comparison to what Telrad gear is able to do with
3.65 !

:)

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom