There is no femtocell. Just the user's cell phone making calls through the WiFi interface.

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>

On 4/23/2015 8:46 AM, Chris Wright wrote:

It’s a personal cell tower, hence “femtocell”. To the user’s phone, it’s a really close cell tower.

Chris Wright

Network Administrator

Velociter Wireless

209-838-1221 x115

*From:*Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] *On Behalf Of *Bill Prince
*Sent:* Wednesday, April 22, 2015 1:25 PM
*To:* af@afmug.com
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Cambium System Release 13.4 Beta - Now Available!

Don't know exactly what it is, but it sounds like it is WiFi calling through his cell phone. I think T-Mobile went this route instead of selling femtocells to all their subscribers. Probably a smarter solution than a femtocell in the long run anyway; at least it's simpler.

Yes, it's double-NAT, but we always put the subscriber's router on the DMZ, so it's technically NAT without PAT. That configuration usually solves the NAT traversal issues that we see.

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>