Odd.  What charges the batts?
In any event, yes, should work just fine.

From: TJ Trout
Sent: Sunday, April 26, 2015 2:02 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Power supply back feed loss?

This is not wisp related. I just posted here because you are so knowledgeable.
The power supply will never be on while the batteries are connected. It's one
or the other. The load, the power supply and the batteries will occasionally
all be in parallel when the power supply has no access to AC in the field.
Otherwise normally the load will be powered via the power supply when AC is
available. Is this an acceptable solution?