Still wish there was an OSPF(+) that would somehow account for flows. I guess the closest we have now is MPLS. I'd like to be able to use all the routes, even though some of them are not optimal.

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>

On 5/18/2015 8:50 AM, George Skorup wrote:
I did a sort of link bandwidth reference for OSPF interface cost. Kinda how Cisco auto-cost works, which is not ideal when you have a GigE interface but a microwave path that only does 200-400Mbps. But I quickly found out that wasn't really the best design, things routed weird and I was getting a lot of equal-cost routes. That was mostly because of so many backup links which actually forms multiple rings, and yeah, some links sit idle most of the time, but they're useful because rain fade sucks bad.

Really just gotta draw it out to visualize path costs and how you want traffic to flow. There will still be tweaking required to get it perfect. :(

On 5/18/2015 10:28 AM, That One Guy /sarcasm wrote:
Does the dude have any method to indicate OSPF paths visually? We are far from implentation, so its no priority, Im just curious how best to monitor such things.


I havent messed with the dud much before, always had problems. But installed it the other day and had it scan the office network. how long has it been mapping physical ports? I thought that was like a buttered bee.

--
If you only see yourself as part of the team but you don't see your team as part of yourself you have already failed as part of the team.


Reply via email to