Well it takes DC into the box.. and comes with a wall wart to generate it.. So 
I guess you could feed it from your DC plant.

 

From: Af [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Jeremy
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2015 5:09 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] ER-X-SFP Switch/Router - 5 Port switch/router with SFP and 
POE

 

DC or AC?

 

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 5:06 PM, Peter Kranz <[email protected] 
<mailto:[email protected]> > wrote:

I’ve been putting these new ER-X-SFP 
https://www.ubnt.com/edgemax/edgerouter-x-sfp/ devices through their paces the 
last couple of days and am really impressed with them. They are a 6 port gig-e 
switch/router that provides 24V passive POE power on all ports and includes an 
SFP port. The box runs debian so you can install your own utilities and 
scripts. The routing is based on a forked version of vyatta and includes 
firewall, shaping, load balancing, etc.. They cost $79 bucks.. 

 

I needed to provide a router that could health-check and load balance between 
two ISP uplinks and provide traffic shaping and firewall features.. I took a 
look at the various options, and this thing blew doors on them for 1/10th the 
cost. They are not quite in the distribution chain yet, but worth your time 
when you can get ahold of them.

 

Peter Kranz
Founder/CEO - Unwired Ltd
 <http://www.UnwiredLtd.com> www.UnwiredLtd.com
Desk: 510-868-1614 x100 <tel:510-868-1614%20x100> 
Mobile: 510-207-0000 <tel:510-207-0000> 
 <mailto:[email protected]> [email protected]

 

 

Reply via email to