Looks like I'm just talking to myself. Oh well.

The problem was the command line had been truncated. It should have been:

   java -cp tools/CNUTSupportInfoTool.jar
   -DSettingsFile=%CANOPYNETWORKUPDATER.SETTINGS_FILE_PATH%
   -DLogFile=%CANOPYNETWORKUPDATER.EVENT_LOG_PATH%
   -DNetFile=%CANOPYNETWORKUPDATER.SYSTEM_LAST_ARCHIVE_FILE%
   supportinfo.MainFrame

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>