You are not allowed to block legal content.  Period.

If you rate limit it, you could perhaps claim it is reasonable network
management, but “no throttling” is another of the 3 bright line rules.

Remember one of the 2 or 3 actual cases of “bad behavior” cited for justifying
all this was Comcast interfering with Bit Torrent back in something like 2007,
and they weren’t even outright blocking it.

As far as being sued, a customer could file a complaint with the FCC, rather
than pursuing civil damages, likely that is the way they would go since all
they have to do is fill in a form on the FCC website.

My guess is the FCC will be much more interested in pursuing complaints from
the likes of Netflix, Cogent and Level3 against the likes of Comcast, Verizon
and Time Warner.  Unless you piss off John Oliver.  So it might just be like
the BBB, they just send you the complaint and let you figure out what to do
with it.  That reminds me, I need to check if we are supposed to be registering
a contact to receive Open Internet Order complaints, that kind of rings a bell,
but maybe I’m confusing it with having a DC registered agent for CPNI
complaints if you file Form 499.

The other factor on your side is the customer might not want to complain to the
FCC if their reasons for using Bit Torrent are not exactly legal or moral.  And
customers wanting to torrent legitimate content, like maybe Linux ISOs, will
probably just use another method and not have a cow over it.