Yeah, lots of folks bought something small and cheap to be official and then
they had access to the whole treasure chest.  Is that still possible?

From: D. Ryan Spott
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 10:49 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Cisco IOS

The company you are consulting for should have a SMARTnet contract with Cisco.

If they don't then place a call to Cisco and they will sell you a contract via
a reseller.

If the firmware has a security issue then Cisco will usually allow you to
download a patched IOS file version.

In my former life I had a very small and cheap Cisco device on SMARTnet. As
long as I had a log in I could download all the firmware I wanted for any Cisco
device.

ryan