They're comparing bits per second to bytes per month? *sigh*

http://www.ics-il.com

----- Original Message -----

From: "Harold Bledsoe" <hbledso...@gmail.com>
To: "members" <memb...@wispa.org>, "af" <af@afmug.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2015 11:53:38 AM
Subject: [AFMUG] Nest camera

http://techcrunch.com/2015/06/17/nest-launches-a-camera-meet-the-nest-cam/

I dunno about your areas, but around here Nest (was Dropcam) cameras are
becoming prolific. This saturates the upload on many broadband plans. I know
first-hand because my parents were complaining about slow internet. The
constant streaming video upload was the reason.

On VZ homefusion, this could cost up to $3500/mo not counting other usage. :-)

I guess the point is, folks seem to want video in both directions...

Table 1. Typical upload bandwidth usage for a Nest Cam without Nest Aware

Table 2. Typical upload bandwidth usage for a Nest Cam with Nest Aware
--

Harold Bledsoe