I think what you are seeing is typical.

From: George Skorup
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2015 9:22 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] FSK 900mhz AP to SM should it read the same as a SM?

I have a lab/bench setup. Every one gets tested to a known good AP. The P9
boards can vary quite a bit. The most common issue I see with field returned
radios is damaged pigtails and/or the RF section just took a shit. Off in the
round filing cabinet they go, not even worth getting them fixed anymore. Yes,
P10's are far more stable and consistent. Calibration issues are rare anymore.
The only time I really see bad cal data is when a board takes a nearby
lightning strike and the flash is corrupt, but for some reason they still boot,
just default calibration values. Still not worth trying to get those fixed. I
throw them in a pile for later.

I've always seen P9 APs underperform. The RF output isn't as stable. This isn't
that bad at 900 and 2.4, but totally sucks on 5GHz. Every one of the P9 5.7's
we had up had to be swapped with P10's or 11's. Went through three APs at one
site and finally put in a P10 and all of the SM power levels came up 8-10dB.
Drove me nuts for a month.