I have mediacom at home, I had always been on a 12x2 plan, we are heavy
streaming, no tv and tons of kids the old hag babysits with electronics,
its like a BYOD party at my house plus my folks are connected up to my
house from across the street. My brother in law moved in and was pushing me
over my cap so I went to upgrade, it was cheaper to go to the 100mb plan,
something like 50 bucks, I dont know.
I was floored when I was talking to the tech when I was activating my
modem. I asked what kinds of speeds I would actually see figuring on
average 40, maybe more, maybe less. he keept assuring me that at no time
would I ever see less than 80. I told my I run an ISP network, that he
didnt need to lie to me. but he almost sounded angry when he told me, 80mb
over and over.

I consistently see 30-60mbps on speedtests. Highest Ive seen is like a 92.
They have fiber on the poles, but cable to the house, I dont know what that
means, they strung the fiber like 15 years ago.

One thing to note, if have internet only cable to your house, I assume its
provider dependent, if they dont have a filter on your line there are alot
of overlay analog channel and a boatload of digital. when I was
investigating it, even with the filter in place, the way mediacom does pay
per view is they must have dynamic digital channels in place. if you
periodically scan channels you can watch whatever someone if watching on
pay per view, but youre at the whim of their remote. I havent checked it in
a while, going to prison for some free tv didnt seem all that appealing for
somone as pretty as me