We used DSL to feed towers when we had no other option - better than nothing. But it worked only because we also sell DSL and DSL connections are terminated at our facilities. (Was Verizon, now Frontier.) We controlled the IP configuration and routing, which allowed us to handle wireless customers connections however needed.