From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Chris Fabien
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2015 8:01 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Fiber through 800ft conduit?

800ft is really not that long of a run. We have pulled 700ft of 144F loose tube
into a 1.25" duct without any special pulling equipment. Suck a line through,
pull mule tape in, and pull the fiber in. Use lube.

In your situation I'd probably use pre-terminated cable with pulling eyes if
you are not equipped to terminate the fiber. It will be much more expensive
than bulk cable. Bulk you could get for under 20 cents a foot for 12-fiber. If
all you need is ever going to be 1gig, you could even use single strand drop
fiber, there has been some surplus corning drop cable available very cheap on
ebay.

Also give some thought to future use of the conduit. It may be worthwhile to
pull in smaller innerducts into the conduit, or use a MaxCell fabric liner
system to allow more cables in the future. That will cost much more than your
small cable. It is not advisable to try to pull new cable on top of old,
espicially on a long conduit run like that.

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 9:10 PM, Erich Kaiser <er...@northcentraltower.com