There are a few I think.  Something to do with WAAS.  Or perhaps the
geosynchronous birds are just transmitting WAAS corrections.

From: Mike Hammett
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 6:20 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] GPS Timing

GPS isn't geosynchronous.

http://www.ics-il.com

Midwest Internet Exchange
http://www.midwest-ix.com

From: "Jaime Solorza" <losguyswirel...@gmail.com>
To: "Animal Farm" <af@afmug.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 5:54:49 PM

Hum ? So geosynchronous is just a suggestion?

On Aug 11, 2015 12:25 PM, "Sean Heskett" <af...@zirkel.us> wrote:

  the satellites are constantly moving tho and since they are moving faster in
orbit than we are here on earth you need to account for relativity.  knowing
where you are doesn't give you enough information to know where the satellite
is and therefore you can't accurately calculate the relativity offset.  once
you have 3D lock with 4 satellites you can accurately calculate the relativity
offset and therefore calculate the accurate time for where you are on earth.

  shoulda taken the blue pill ;-)

  -Sean