From: Steve D
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2015 11:56 AM
To: af
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] What to do when the Internet is down...

The particular fires are in southern BC along the US/Canada border from Osoyoos
over to Rock Creek/Kettle Valley area.

We've got a temporary service in place relayed from a neighboring WISP now.
It's not a lot, but it's something.  Another community north of there is
completely in the dark due to the fires to the south... no phone lines, no
power, not even cell.  Logistically, there's nothing we can do for this
community right now either.  Reports indicate the power company is setting up a
generator.

30 homes were lost in Rock Creek so far, and then there's an effin' idiot
flying a drone which has caused the air support for the fire to be grounded
yesterday.  Now *THERE* is someone I hope the black suits find...

-Steve D