But the .75 and .4 mile clear line sight shots should be pretty hot shouldn't they? Better than -52 to -59 I would think

Adam Moffett wrote:
Oh....all bets are off if it's NLOS.  Any crazy crap could happen.

On 9/3/2015 1:51 PM, Jay Weekley wrote:
Is the consensus that a LOS shot from .75 and .4 miles should be a lot better than -52 to -60 with an integrated SM only? The customer in question is NLOS by the way.

ch...@wbmfg.com wrote:
Possibly.  Dishes have one really sharp focal point.
Panels just need to get as much of the area in phase as possible. You can move them off boresight and actually get more signal in a multipath situation than a reflector can.
*From:* Josh Luthman <mailto:j...@imaginenetworksllc.com>
*Sent:* Thursday, September 3, 2015 9:19 AM
*To:* af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Can you be too close to use a dish?
Integrated wouldn't pick up that much better if it was NLOS.
Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 11:17 AM, Mathew Howard <mhoward...@gmail.com <mailto:mhoward...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Or it's nlos.

    On Sep 3, 2015 9:37 AM, "Adam Moffett" <dmmoff...@gmail.com
    <mailto:dmmoff...@gmail.com>> wrote:

        My point is, at 0.6 miles if he was on main lobe he would have
a -40 something. Being on a sidelobe gets him the -67. Shouldn't the dish still add 10 more db?

        ....unless we're interpreting this as meaning a side lobe of
        the dish.  That's possible, but at .6 miles the installer
        would have to be drunk.