Most people that I come into contact with realize that there are at least
some trade offs with living in rural areas - such as no Netflix HD in
certain circumstances.  I wouldn't think that would be criteria for someone
to be dissatisfied with their internet connection.  There is also a
difference between what people think they need and what they actually would
be satisfied with.  In a blind test I would bet most people would be happy
with 5 or 6 mbps down as long as the latency was low.