I have seen this before with consumer routers.
Not sure exactly how it sees the wan interface upon boot, but I am sure its looking for the RFC1918 address on that interface. I think it may be a discovery protocol like igmp and you may be able to set up a rule to drop that traffic from entering the bridge.