To: <af@afmug.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 06, 2015 3:27 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] reasonable request

Let's try this again...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Glen Waldrop" <gwl...@cngwireless.net>
To: <af@afmug.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 06, 2015 2:41 PM

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jay Weekley" <par...@cyberbroadband.net>
To: <af@afmug.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 06, 2015 12:53 PM

This is a communication we received from someone shortly after IBEC folded.

"Seems to me that you guys are kind of trying to take a little advantage of the unfortunate plight of the IBEC customers. We got charged $100.00 by IBEC for a modem to get set up for their service and then paid a fairly reasonable monthly fee of 29.95. For this investment we only got just a little over a year's worth of service before we received word that they are ending their service due to their inability to overcome the tornado damage from April 27 2011. Now you guys seem to be trying to capitalize on the present circumstances that IBEC customers find themselves in by charging double the setup charge and double the monthly fee. It's either you guys or back to dialup service for us IBECS at this point. It would just be nice given the status of the current economic situation for someone to have a little sympathy on those of us who are already struggling to make ends meet. I believe I read where WISP banded together to help you guys out and get up and running again after the Tornado back in April, so it would be nice to see you all do unto others as you would have others do unto you. I know you all are a business and have to make enough money to stay afloat, but it would be nice to feel like there was a company out there willing to give the little guy a break every now and then. Hopefully you guys will reconsider the situation and decide to give us a better deal than is currently being offered, because at this point frankly a lot of us IBEC customers are gun shy due to the rug being pulled out from under us. I mean what's to prevent you guys from doing the same thing to us a few months down the road after we put out the money to get set up with your service? Signed, frustrated in Crane Hill. "

Brett A Mansfield wrote:
My area is a lot of people that seem to be entitled about everything. They are cheapskates of all cheapskates. If they can get away with paying less they will. And the few customers I have that did pay a $50 install fee back when I charged it are the ones I have the hardest time getting to pay their bills. It is certainly different in every market. The vast majority of my customers are brand new families that are just starting out.

Thank you,
Brett A Mansfield