Court Battle ...... No, one definitely hopes not to get to that point ... it
can get very expensive.

Has any of our client paid ..... Nope none that I am aware off.

The letters we have received, have only asked for copyright content to be taken
down...

It it highly recommended that one actually reads the letter ... It is quiet
possible that there are scammers who could be using the DCMA process to extort
$.

I believe there is federal law which requires the ISP's cooperation....

Our take in simple English:-
It is irrelevant if you want to forward the email notice or not..
What is relevent and requested ... is the removal of copyright content from the
'public sharing' service.

(no request for $, no request to stop the content sharing service... just to
remove the copyright content).
that is it...

Have your customer do that.. and all is good...
if you don't then there is a 'possibility' of inviting a shit storm....

Of Course YMMV

:)

Regards.

Faisal Imtiaz