Go research the local tower zoning laws for the municipality the tower is
located in. That will tell you if you need to so anything. He may be confused
and thinking things like FAA approvals. Is this tower a FAA previously approved
site? If so technically any time you add new frequencies to a tower you have to
refile. Nobody does but it is required. Not only does the FAA study for
airspace obstructions but they also do RFI studies for their RADAR and radio
navigation systems. So each new addition to a tower gets studied for RFI if the
height is not changed.

If you did not install a meter for your own equipment then you should not have
to pull an electrical permit.

Thank You,

Brian Webster

www.wirelessmapping.com