We see equipment failures from bugs occasionally. Generally in the spring
and then some this time of year. Seems to be mostly ants. Not so much on
our major tower sites, but on small repeaters we usually put a small
plastic electrical enclosure and seal the cables with silicon. Ants seem to
be able to chew right through it and start to nest inside the router
(usually a RB750UP). Also lose a few CPE per year due to the same problem.
We started putting some sort of ant poison granules in the boxes this year,
seems to work but too early to know for sure.