Anybody else experiencing blank Google search results pages if you don't use Chrome?

I was able to fix it in IE11 on Win7 by adding google.com to the Compatibility View list. (but not by enabling the Microsoft list)

It occurs consistently in IE11, intermittently in Firefox. The page is not actually blank (if you view the page source), it just doesn't render. If I had to guess, I'd say Google changed their template rather than Microsoft broke something in the last IE update, but that's just a guess. I searched with Google for reports of this problem and found nothing recently, but maybe that's a Google conspiracy.

And yes, I know, don't use IE or FF. But inquiring minds want to know.