This technology seems like it would be perfect for SCADA stuff wouldn't
it?  We provide service to our local irrigation company and they have
terrible connections, but only need a few kbps every few minutes so it
still works great.  They are just sensors that monitor water flow through
canal systems.  I can see a ton of uses for this technology as the IOT
takes off.