I buy most of the laptops I need from www.powernotebooks.com. They're the same laptops that Dell, HP, etc, sell but without the branding on. They generally come branded with a Chinese company (Sager, etc)

Upside is you can customize the internals pretty much how you want, and you can get it without an OS if you're going to put Linux on it (which I generally do) so you don't have to pay for a Windows license. Downside is they normally take a couple of weeks to ship, but I've bought 4-5 laptops from them over the years without any issues.