I know that you've dealt with it Chuck, because you run fiber.  Have you
ever heard of a wireless company being required to have a franchise?  Did
you just bill it line item like a tax? ie. XYZ City Franchise Agreement Fee
- 5% - $2.25

They are consulting the city attorney and getting back with me.  If they
determine that it is in fact required for wireless then I will obviously be
seeking counsel before making any determination on which route to take.  I
had just never heard such a thing.  The determinations made in the cases
and appeals of Qwest vs. Oregon seem to point at it as purely an issue for
cities to be able to control their public ROW.  It is hard for me to find
any basis for requiring this fee for any other reason than that.