+1

From: George Skorup
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2015 3:38 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] DC question

To answer your specific question about using the third wire as the return for
both the +24 and +48, yes, it will work. No different than single-point
grounding. It's really going to depend on the current required for both systems
if that single third wire will be able to handle the 0V return current. But I
would agree with everyone else, just run 48/56 up and use DC-DC converters as
needed.