And the point of the news stories was that Belgian officials had asked that
people not aid the terrorists by reporting on social media where the police
were searching, so Belgians were flooding Twitter with cat pictures to drown
out any such posts.

From: Patrick Leary
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2015 1:05 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT Cats are Christian - Who knew!

I’m not offended, but I do want to make a point.

I know a few Christians who meet that definition as well – demons from hell. I
also know many atheists who act far more Christian than some Christians I know.
And, since 1999 I’ve worked for businesses run by Jews. I’ve thus known
countless Jews who are decent “Christ-like” people. I’ve also had the occasion
to know some Muslims I’d trust with my life (including as a soldier).

I always cringe when I hear some version of, “Oh, he’s a good Christian man…,”
the implication being that means something special and thus anything other than
Christian is something less, somehow untrustworthy. It is an inherently bigoted
statement, without even the person saying it realizing it.

For me, the very last man I will trust is the one who forwards his claimed
religion as a reason to trust him. I prefer people who don’t require God
looking over their shoulder to do the right and ethical thing.

Patrick