Interesting how the 450i and 650 product lines seem to be converging.  Similar 
mechanics, same mounting brackets, and the 450i user guide gives several 
powering options including 802.3at but also for AC+DC powering, the latest 
incarnation of the PIDU, P/N C000065L002A.  But 450i does not seem to support 
the “recovery” function.


From: Chuck McCown 
Sent: Thursday, November 26, 2015 12:57 PM
To: [email protected] 
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Non-Cambium PoE for PTP600/300/500?

Perhaps there is a circuit that needs a frequency selective open that will be 
shorted for regular POE but something that chokes out the higher frequency.  I 
wonder what the frequency is.  Don’t know if I have a PIDU around here I could 
examine.  If anyone has one that they want to open and photograph it might be 
fun to see if we can figure this out.

From: Colin Stanners 
Sent: Thursday, November 26, 2015 11:02 AM
To: [email protected] 
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Non-Cambium PoE for PTP600/300/500?

In the PTP400 datasheet it says there's a frequency-selective short circuit, 
seems on the "indicator" pair of wires 4&5; I cannot find similar information 
in the PTP600 datasheet.


On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 11:34 AM, Chuck McCown <[email protected]> wrote:

  I am pretty sure I have heard of customers using my injector for a PTP600.  
But it is vague memory that is possibly a hallucination.  

  I wonder how the reset signal works...

  From: Sean Heskett 
  Sent: Thursday, November 26, 2015 10:23 AM
  To: [email protected] 
  Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Non-Cambium PoE for PTP600/300/500?

  I think that's the same problem you'll have with all injectors besides the 
cambium one. 



  On Wednesday, November 25, 2015, Colin Stanners <[email protected]> wrote:

    Hi, we're looking at options to power PTP600/300/500 straight off 48V - it 
seems a bit excessive to buy the PIDU units for $250 each just to use as PoE 
injectors - has anyone gotten these backhauls running on different PoEs?


    I tried with the WB / McCownTech GigE-POE; the injection and ethernet 
connection worked fine but the PTP500 radio always thought the reset button was 
pressed in so it wasn't very useful.


Reply via email to