Very nice!

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Ken Hohhof 
  To: [email protected] 
  Sent: Friday, December 18, 2015 11:23 AM
  Subject: [AFMUG] 900 MHz 450i update with better results :-)


  So yesterday I did some tweaking on the sync parameters and was able to get 
  better results.  I'll put the details in a second post, but I wanted to 
  update the grim picture I painted the other day.

  As initially set up, I was only getting 1X MIMO-A, even on a 5 MHz channel 
  and after trying a bunch of frequencies, and the SMs would not reliably stay 
  registered.

  After tweaking the sync parameters and channel, I was able to get one sub to 
  4X MIMO-B and the other to 2X MIMO-B, and increase the channel width to 7 
  MHz.  They have stayed registered now for 18 hours and while the speed 
  varies a bit they hold 4X and 2X.  Here are linktest results I just ran:

  subscriber #1
  2 miles with a few bare trees and apparently some multipath issues
  2X MIMO-B
  8.6M down, 4.4M up, 13.0M aggregate

  subscriber #2
  8 miles with 2 lines of trees and a house in the path
  4X MIMO-B
  14.6M down, 4.6M up, 19.3M aggregate

  The AP and subscriber #1 have bad interference across the band, interference 
  is not as bad at subscriber #2.

  These numbers may not look great compared to 100M aggregate capacity, but 
  they are around a 6 times improvement over what we had with FSK.  I'm sure 
  we would see better results at another site with less interference, in fact 
  I have another tower where we can run 2X FSK but 4M aggregate just isn't 
  enough capacity. 

Reply via email to