Well, it's still the Purewave Quantum 6600 that Mercury acquired. I assume the 2.5 GHz version will work better than 3.65 GHz, if you have EBS spectrum. Mercury talks about having a new product, but that may still be vaporware, not sure, I don't see any details on their website. Seems like anything WiMAX would be in legacy mode, I don't know why you'd deploy WiMAX today if you don't already have some in your network.

-----Original Message----- From: Jay Weekley
Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2015 11:45 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Belkin AC1750DB router leaking LAN to WAN?

So, how does that Mercury product work with non line of sight compared
to 900Mhz and 2.4Ghz?

Ken Hohhof wrote:
Anyone seen these routers leak LAN to WAN? We hooked up a new customer who has one of these and while it is establishing a PPPoE session on the WAN side, we are also seeing his LAN side MAC address, we are seeing a rogue DHCP server from him, and can even log into his router at 192.168.2.1 with no password and screw around with stuff. We can't log in via his WAN address though, as expected. The performance to his LAN address via the WAN seems sluggish, as if the sneak path isn't full bandwidth.

I guess he could have connected a cable from the Internet port to a LAN port and then another LAN port to our POE, but I'm pretty sure no.

I was blaming this on the Mercury WiMAX CPE we used for the first time on this install instead of Greenpacket, since its default IP address is 192.168.2.1. I even opened a ticket with Mercury claiming they had a problem with their bridged mode. But now I realize it is the Belkin router.

Oh, and the Mercury CPE is pretty nice, except I miss the diecast articulating mount. It appears to be made by KZ Broadband Technologies.