A fun fact: I live in Bourbon, Missouri and yes it was actually named after
the whiskey - how it got the name:

The Irishmen (and some of the settlers, too) were used to drinking whiskey,
so Turner soon imported barrels of the new brand, Bourbon, which was
becoming popular all over the New West. A large barrel labeled "Bourbon"
sat on the porch of his store.

The barrel of whiskey was hauled to the construction project, and the
Irishmen could go to "Bourbon" whenever they wanted a drink. Turner's store
came to be called the "Bourbon" store, and the railroad workers soon called
the entire area Bourbon.

*Josh Corson*
Operations Manager
BlueBit Networks