Fair point... and yes, that is a challenge with rain fade, it is not a sharp
drop off, but a gradual fade...
I believe there are some techniques that can be used to reduce such affects...
but they need cooperation of the Radio Mfg. as well.
e.g. Track Radio link, link off duration, Link off spacing that Ubiquiti added
to their Airfiber 24 radios.

(Just using Ubiquiti as an example, I am not familiar with the Bridge-wave
features).

Using BFD and reduced OSFP timers can also be used to reduce the failover
time...

But you are correct this is an issue to be dealt with.

(This is where OSLR would make a difference...)

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street
Miami, FL 33155
Tel: 305 663 5518 x 232

>>> sure. Not so useful for a typical rural WISP like somewhere 75 miles outside
>>> Boise.