when will we see 802.11  ax fixed wireless gear?

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/184685-what-is-802-11ax-wifi-and-do-you-really-need-a-10gbps-connection-to-your-laptop

On 1/12/2016 8:05 PM, Mike Hammett wrote:
*nods* It'll affect you long before it affects most WISPs. It'll be urban, then suburban, probably not rural.

http://www.ics-il.com

<https://www.facebook.com/ICSIL><https://plus.google.com/+IntelligentComputingSolutionsDeKalb><https://www.linkedin.com/company/intelligent-computing-solutions><https://twitter.com/ICSIL>

Midwest Internet Exchange
http://www.midwest-ix.com

<https://www.facebook.com/mdwestix><https://www.linkedin.com/company/midwest-internet-exchange><https://twitter.com/mdwestix>
*From: *"Peter Kranz" <pkr...@unwiredltd.com>
*To: *af@afmug.com
*Sent: *Tuesday, January 12, 2016 8:02:58 PM
*Subject: *Re: [AFMUG] T-Mobile Deploying 5 GHz Yet?

I guess I agree with your assertion that LTE in unlicensed spectrum will not be on high level cell towers, but you might want to look at this presentation from one of the cell phone chipset vendors: https://www.qualcomm.com/documents/making-best-use-unlicensed-spectrum-presentation

Notice all the places they show LTE in Unlicensed Spectrum being used. Imagine the effect if thousands of devices deployed in these environments used the 5Ghz band, especially that supermarket scenario where the sector is mounted outside the building.

This is how they are going to share the spectrum fairly. Imagine the fun with these pulsing interference sources. I.e. a jammer for 50ms on and then off.

*Peter Kranz
*www.UnwiredLtd.com <http://www.unwiredltd.com/>
Desk: 510-868-1614 x100
Mobile: 510-207-0000