Most customer aps are 2.4 ghz....

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone

----- Reply message -----
From: "timothy steele" <timothy.pct...@gmail.com>
To: <af@afmug.com>
Subject: [AFMUG] bandwidth usage tonight
Date: Sun, Jan 17, 2016 10:18 PM

5.6.3 upgrade will help a little but upgrading AP to AC base station when 8x
and 6x get out of beta is the most cost effective way to get more bandwidth

On Sun, Jan 17, 2016, 10:17 PM CBB - Jay Fuller <par...@cyberbroadband.net>
wrote:

hah - i've seen a network we run go from roughly 50 - 55
meg of usage to 70 meg and higher.

but i've also been upgrading from 5.5.6 to
5.6.3.

i expect i'll be posting some questions in ubnt_users
tomorrow...

would a firmware upgrade allow the access points to
squeeze out that much bandwidth?

way more radios than i would like are on 5 mhz
channels.