If war breaks out, I'm heading to one of several we lease space on. I'm sure the owner won't mind.

On 1/27/2016 12:31 AM, Eric Kuhnke wrote:
There are some amazing Long Lines sites in WA and ID that serve almost no useful purpose, now that all long distance traffic moves via fiber... The ones closer to major metro areas have more tenants and more value to their new owners.

The Long Lines sites that were built solely as a means to get a PTP relay over a major mountain range are amazing. Built with massive diesel tanks and ventilation intakes 18' off the ground due to snow pack. These ones have the original horn antennas and not much else, maybe some VHF/UHF omni radio repeaters for forestry/national parks.

Bethel Ridge WA, about 1820 meters elevation
https://www.google.com/maps?ll=46.71724,-121.10068&z=14&t=h

Goldendale WA
https://www.google.com/maps?ll=45.99800,-120.69536&z=14&t=h

Leadore ID, one of the highest I can find, it's at 2750m elevation
https://www.google.com/maps?ll=45.99800,-120.69536&z=14&t=h

Bring a snow-cat in winter....