I have not seen interference cause that kind of symptom, unless it is so 
overwhelming it completely blots out the signal from the AP, in which case I 
would not expect the SM to stay registered.

I’m assuming this is not a case of a bunch of SMs registering to the wrong AP?

From: David Young 
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2016 11:12 AM
To: [email protected] 
Subject: [AFMUG] 900 MHz voodoo.....PMP100 flavor

Interesting that this began on Jan 1. I’d suspect that somebody lit up 
something like a “smart meter” the first of the year. Have not experienced this 
in North Central MA but in southern VT and NH many WISP’s have had to abandon 
using 900 and are getting better results with 2.4 because of electric 
utilities’ deployments.

 

David Young

Administrative Coordinator

Town of Warwick

978-729-3224 (mobile)

978-544-6315 (Selectboard office)

413-676-9544 (Broadband service)

 

From: Af [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Brian Sullivan
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2016 12:08 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: {Spam?} Re: [AFMUG] 900 mhz voodoo.....PMP100 flavour

 

Integrated AP?� I have seen the panels inside corrode.

On 1/28/2016 10:59 AM, CBB - Jay Fuller wrote:

  �

  I think one or two of you must still be running some cambium PMP100 900 mhz 
voodoo out there....

  I know the logical thing to do here is try a different frequency and that is 
probably coming....but this customer

  is 1/2 mile away from the tower and their signal tanked roughly a month 
ago.� I understand our tech went out

  with a different radio and antenna and attempted to repair the situation.� 
He had no success.

  �

  Any thoughts as to what could cause a dramatic signal drop like this?� I 
understand it has happened at probably

  10 different customers across the entire service area over the last year and 
has some of our guys stumped.

  �

  Thanks!

  �



 

Reply via email to