Maybe because of little Egypt down state? :-p

Midwest Internet Exchange

The Brothers WISP

----- Original Message -----

From: "Ken Hohhof" <af...@kwisp.com>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: Tuesday, February 2, 2016 10:26:51 AM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] SAD day

OK, I just tried it on Google, and they do seem to have cleaned that up
quite a bit.

I used to get results for all sorts of cable companies that aren't within a
hundred miles. In fact, I used to be able to type in "high speed Internet
in Bumfuck Egypt, Illinois" and get search results for web pages supposedly
offering Internet there but that must have been generated dynamically based
on whatever you were searching for.

I would still have to try the search from a pristine computer, otherwise
Google is deciding what results to show me based on their data tracking on
me.

Every time I open some weird link from you guys on this list, websites and
search engines for the next week decide that's what I'm interested in. So
I'm surprised Google doesn't show me movies about whatever Jaime had for
lunch yesterday.